Thursday, May 23, 2013

Postage Stamp Quilt - almost done

I created this quilt top 2 years ago during the Postage Stamp Quilt Along...yes 2 years!  I have always quilted my own quilts, but wanted something special done with this one.  I emailed Mary over at Quilt Hollow and she replied immediately!  I had seen her "frosting" on other quilts and knew she would be the one to make mine wonderful.

I got it back yesterday and OH MY!  Her quilting is awesome and I could not be happier.  This was my first experience sending out a quilt to be done by someone else.  I told her to surprise me with the design - she is the expert!  The design compliments the fabric wonderfully and the quilting is perfect.

These are her pictures - I haven't had time to take any yet.  I'm going to work on the binding and hope to finish this baby over this long weekend.



 
Thank you so very much Mary!  I love what you have done - it is prettier than I ever imagined.

Blessings,
Darlene

7 comments:

  1. Nice, nice! Both the fabric choices and the quilting. Mary has quilted for me too and always does a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look beautiful. Mary did an excellent job on the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mary's quilting and your quilt is so pretty! I'm always thrilled with Mary's work! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just popped over from Mary's blog, and all I can say is Woww. Beautiful quilt and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great quilt. I know you're happy it's not in the ufo pile anymore :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely indeed! Thanks for encouraging me to check it out!

    ReplyDelete