Monday, May 6, 2013

Claiming my blog...

Not sure why we have to do this, but it I try to do as I am told :-)

Very busy weekend...I am a Blue Star Mother and there was a Virginia Run for the Fallen.  I found out today that it was the first year they have done this and are starting the planning for next year.  The run starts in Ft. Story, VA and ends in Section 60 at Arlington Cemetery.  It was sobering - at our mile marker, we met the parents of the Marine that gave his life.

Picture of me with some of the other mothers...

Then I raced home to get ready for the wedding/reception that I created the photo booth for.  The whole shebang was wonderful.  The bride was gorgeous and all the friends and family were wonderful.  The photo booth was a hit - I had so much fun taking pictures.  People are amazing when you give them a couple of props.  Some of the men said they were already wearing their prop (suit) LOL, then others were standing by to ensure others picked the correct hat, frame, etc.  My friend is now saying we need to start a business. 

That's it for now - I am so excited for the upcoming weekend.  Friday off and no plans for me except sewing!  Yahoo!!!

Blessings,
Darlene




1 comment:

  1. Hi Darlene,
    I have not received ANY of the updates on my blog, that you have posted. But I have to also say that I have not been blogging much lately either due to some family issues going on here. But I just caught up, and am so glad to see you have posted. Prayers for the safety of your son, and all of those brave ones who so selflessly serve.
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete