Wednesday, May 29, 2013

And this my friends...

...is how it's done.  If you have a quilt top laying around for two years because you don't know what design to quilt because all you know really well are swirls, then send it to the expert.


 I worked on the binding over the long weekend and finished last night.  I used the same fabric (Moda Crackle) for the binding that I used on the flange border.  I am so very happy with this quilt.  If you are looking for someone to do your quilting, contact Mary over at Quilt Hollow  Thanks again Mary - I am going to make a quilt for my bed now and will be sure to contact you when I finish that so you can add your "frosting".


 In the middle of binding the quilt, I decided I needed to make a baby quilt for my new nephew (maybe this is why I never get anything finished :-)  He is named after my brother who has liked giraffes since he was itty bitty.  I actually cut, pieced and quilted this baby in 2 days.  Now all I have to do is the binding - which has been prepared.


First time "pebble" quilting - I like how it makes the pinwheels stand out.  Need to practice a bit more on the pebbles.


It feels so good to be sewing and quilting again.  I have all these ideas/designs in my head - LOL

I do have a feathered star quilt block that I made awhile ago.  It is about 28x28 and I am wanting to do flying geese as a border.  But, I have never done this and doing a search turned up so many ways.  Do you have any suggestions - what way have you found to be the best?

Off to stitch the binding on the giraffe quilt - don't want this one sitting around here for 2 years.

Blessings,
Darlene


3 comments:

  1. Love these!! I really need to get back to my quilting!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both quilts but that first quilt - awesome! Flying Geese are my enemy. :) I recently tried to make some for a small border on a little quilt. One goose flew south, one flew north, one flew east....you get the picture. It was purely awful as one of my really, really southern friends would say! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are still finding the time for some quilting....I popped in to check on you!!!

    ReplyDelete