Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Busy month of May!

Oh my - where to begin!  I can't believe the month of May is coming to an end and I did not blog once!

I am happy to say that I finished my 6 week traveling tour for work.  On my way to California I had a window seat.  Not typical for me - love the aisle seat so I don't have to crawl over people to go to the little girls room  :-)  As I was looking out the window, in one area it looked like a quilt...

The weekend I returned home, my son graduated from college.  So very proud of him.  He had some college under his belt before becoming a Marine - was going to become a dentist.  He has worked hard and completed his BS degree in Psychology.  Of course my camera broke during the whole ceremony - at least the camera phone was working.


Anyway- the next day was Mother's Day.  My son had to drive home to NC so was not able to stay.  He did have these delivered - the note made me cry.  I am so blessed...

My peonies were gorgeous this year.  More blooms this year than I have ever had on the one plant.  Gorgeous for awhile - until we had a BIG STORM.  I mean HAIL, downpours, thunder and lightening.

I don't think anything about it until I come home the next day from work (too dark in the morning when I leave the house to notice THIS


 My poor pond looks like Coffee with too much creamer.  I put this pond in 13 years ago and have never had this happen.  I'm thinking - easy fix, I'll just drain the water on the weekend and refill.  Little did I know that half the dirt - I mean clay - from the hill was at the bottom of the pond.  So after scooping and scooping then scrubbing then cleaning the filter and pump I was finally able to fill this baby back up. 

Ahhhh, much better  :-)

This past weekend I decided that it was time to get my act together and get Nana's Studio back together since it was a long weekend and super hot outside.

 I created this "craft room" in 2003.  I designed the cabinetry layout with the desk, laid the tile floor by myself, wired and installed all the lights.  I did have someone do the drywall :-)  Back then it was a scrapbooking/stamping room.  Now the desk works great as a cutting table.  I even made the shelves to hold up the end of the desk. 
 I've organized all my fabric that I am keeping and put them in the cabinets.  Had them on shelves, but decided to clear everything out of the cabinets.  Much better.  Less chaos for me.  And now it is done.  I feel so much better - isn't it amazing what a little organization can do for you.
Next stop will be to drop off all the goodies that I know that I will not be able to use in this lifetime, but someone will make a great use of.  Win-win for all.

Can't wait for the weekend now - I have big plans in this room.

Blessings,
Darlene


4 comments:

  1. I would love to have your sewing room. Please bring it to my house :) Seriously You designed the cabinets in a wonderful way. I use a vacated bedroom so I can't hang anything - and I am beginning to out grow it - what to do? I guess I will move things into the guest room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Darlene, wonderful pic of you and your son...mayhis future be as bright as his mom.s love for him...
    Loving your sewing room....you did good good gf, it is lovely... Your pond with coffee and cream made me smile...i would have kept it that color. Lol....not really.... Loking forward to your rwb projects...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh rwb nothing here yet..be back later

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm you must be still away...it is 11.oo am here..but it could be still night where you are lol

    ReplyDelete