Monday, January 16, 2012

Can't you just sew two pieces of fabric together?

Apparently, I need my son to sit with me next time he is here to see all the work that goes into making a quilt. He calls me and tells me he would like for me to put together a quilt for a Marine that is retiring on Friday. Yes. This Friday. I kinda laugh and tell him it takes a lot of work make a quilt and I'm not sure I would be able to get it done in time - plus allow the shipping time to him. His reply, "Mom just sew two pieces of fabric together. It doesn't need to be anything fancy." Yes...I laughed. Too funny he is.

I thought about what I could do with the limited time and the size he wanted. It is 5pm on Monday and I have finished. Sometimes I even surprise myself - it took me all weekend, but I did it. Not fancy, but it is a bit more that sewing two pieces of fabric together *smile* Dimensions are 42 x 70.

Back to work tomorrow and will get this to the post office.

First finish of the year for me - yahoo!

Blessings,
Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment