Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

As we close out 2011, I am thinking about the new year and the adventures 2012 may bring. This has been a tough year and I am praying for this year to be a year with no new health issues.

I read a perfect quote on Carol's (Brown Quilts) blog
:


“This year, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and the speak it again.” -Howard W. Hunter

I am still trying to get my blog header fixed. As I was creating it (again) I was surprised at all the quilts I actually finished in 2011 - and that was with a "broken wing". I have decided that 2012 is going to be the year I make a quilt for myself. I would also like to complete one for each of my daughters - I made one for my son for Christmas last year.

May God bless you and yours this new year and always.

Darlene

1 comment:

  1. Love the quote, printed it out and have it here in front of me! I started a blog months ago and haven't done a thing to it.. so don't worry about yours! LOL Wishing you the best of the New year and look forward to reading your blog during 2012!

    ReplyDelete