Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Finishes...just in time

I am so happy to have finished these quilts as my daughter and grands came up for a couple of weeks for Christmas. Her husband is deployed and what a trooper she was to drive over 8 hours with three kids by herself. I am so thankful she did. Christmas was extra special this year as it is the first time in three years I have had all my children and grandchildren together for Christmas.

My grandson loves his "Cars 2 blankie". I had difficulty with this as I kept changing the design of it. It started out being all pinwheels with the Cars fabric as the border. Then Kellie of Don't Look Now had a pattern that had cars and trucks. I did use the CARS fabric as the backing (and of course forgot to take a picture of it).

My youngest grandchild - she reminds me so much of my daughter when she was this age. Her quilt was slow going because of all the pieces, but my daughter is really happy with the quilt. I used white Minky on the back and it is so soft.

Today I became an Aunt. My brother's first child and he is over the moon excited. Austin was born at 3:58 this morning (a week early) - family is doing great.

My daughter headed back home a couple of hours ago. I'm pretty sad. I have really loved having her and my grands here for the past couple of weeks - brought some life back into this house and it is going to be lonely here.

A bit of good news on the shoulder! Saw the surgeon yesterday for my 6 week follow up and he told me that I was where I should be at 6 months! He said my shoulder was a mess when he operated and is amazed and how well I have recovered. I've told him and my physical therapist that I had a lot of people praying for me. :-)

Off to go finish the binding on my new nephew's quilt. One more side to go! After I finish this, I will have met my goal of making a quilt for all my grandchildren and nephew. Now to decide what to work on next.

Hope everyone has has a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year.

Blessings,
Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment