Wednesday, November 16, 2011

S U C C E S S

Defined by Webster as favorable or desired outcome.

I had surgery on Monday on my left shoulder - arthroscopic capsular release and manipulation under anesthesia. In the pre-op appointment I was told it would be a tough recovery, 10 days of immediate physical therapy starting the day following surgery and would continue PT for several weeks. I went to PT yesterday with a pain level of about 1 (out of 10). I am feeling so incredibly blessed and thankful that I am able to once again move my arm and the pain level is low. I haven't felt this good since March! I have several "exercises" for homework and have to keep my arm/shoulder in motion in order to get full range of motion back, but considering I hadn't been able to put on a shirt that wasn't a button down or had to have help putting on coats/jackets this Nana is going to keep moving. :-)

I have been working on my first hand applique project - Kim has posted some really good directions so I am giving it a whirl. Almost done with the binding on my granddaughters quilt and my grandson's quilt is not far behind.

Home from work till after Thanksgiving - now that is something to be thankful for also. LOL

Time to go exercise and ice the shoulder "like it is my job" (that is what the physical therapist told me). Still makes me laugh.

Blessings,
Darlene




1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear things went so well! It must feel good :)

    ReplyDelete