Monday, March 12, 2012

Raffle Quilt progress...

Progress so far - I haven't embroidered in almost 30 years, not perfect but that part is done. I still need to stitch everything down and I'm thinking about adding a butterfly. The butterfly symbolizes endurance, hope, change and life. Pattern for tree is one I used in a previous wallhanging that I made for someone - only this time I didn't do the hand applique. This will be raw edge due to the time constraints.

Don't worry - the quilt isn't wonky. That's just my picture taking...

What do you think? Butterfly or not. I am picturing that it would go on the left side between the lowest branch and branch above it.

Blessings,
Darlene

2 comments:

  1. I vote for a butterfly. Woo-hoo, the tree of life! It is so pretty, Darlene. I didn't know about Buttermilk and Old Lace. We'll try Eileen's next time.

    ReplyDelete