While in South Carolina, my granddaughter and I made a little quilt. She was amazing at picking out the fabrics all by herself and the colors were so coordinated. A lady in the fabric store came up to us and asked us to help her - she was making her first quilt. So fun!
Her's my little princess on her machine I got her for Christmas
This weekend I was able to get a little sewing in. I got some great mylar hexagon templates from Johnna Lee (very fast delivery) and played with them a bit. Her tutorial is fabulous!
Then I made a "lil twister" quilt top for a friend at work whose wife is expecting a baby within 3 days of my daughters due date. I am not so sure about this and wish I would have laid the fabric out differently - first time doing this one so if I do attempt it again I think I'll add a plain color between the patterns to set off the "twisters" a little better. I think I'm going to use the pink for the outside border after I add another bit of white. Still looking at it. What do you think?

Then last but not least, I started assembling the "heart" for the middle of the quilt for my granddaughter due in May. My daughter has had some complications and it looks as though they may perform cesarean in the middle of April so I really need to get busy with this one. My mom, daughter, granddaughter and I all love to garden...my daughter is giving my new granddaughter my mom's middle name so I wanted to do something special for this quilt. I hope my daughter likes it. (pattern is from Don't Look Know and is meant to be a pillow, but I am going to use it as a center medallion to her quilt)
So, I've got three weeks to finish before I head back down to South Carolina. If only work didn't get in the way I could get so much accomplished - LOLHope everyone is doing well.
No comments:
Post a Comment