Sunday, April 15, 2012

Finishes and fun...

I've been in South Carolina since the 5th with my daughter, son-in-law and 3 of my precious grandchildren. I've had so much fun and totally enjoyed my time here - I miss them all so much now that they are so far away.

While here, I was able to finish the binding for the little wall hanging for my granddaughter's piano teacher. My granddaughter was so excited about this - sure hope the piano teacher likes it also.


Remember the paper doll panel I pulled from the traveling stash? You can see it here. I had in my mind what I wanted to do with it - didn't turn out exactly how I planned but the granddaughter's like it.
I ironed the dolls and clothes onto Pellon fusible interfacing and then backed the dolls with fleece. Then cut each of them out so they looked like paper dolls. Used velcro dots on the dolls and clothes so they can change their clothes. I still need to make a little something to hold the set, but that will have to wait till I get home as I have to leave in the morning to head to North Carolina to teach for a couple of days.

And then last but not least, I helped my daughter decorate my granddaughter's doll house. She put it together for Berkeley's first birthday - she did a great job and this was the first one she had done. She already has big plans for her next one :-)


Please check back on Monday... Table Topper Blog Hop starts. I'll be showing you mine on Friday, April 20th and will be having a give away.

Blessings,
Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment