Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Table runner...

or should I say a "file cabinet runner" haha

We moved into a new space at work a couple of months ago and have been gradually putting some personal touches on it. The head of our division acquired a file cabinet and a couple of chairs to put at the entry so we could have a little sitting area. He asked me about hanging a picture (humongous!). I've worked for him for 3 years and he is still fascinated with the fact I used to have my own home improvement business - and that I did the work. The next day I brought in my drill and necessary tools to hang the picture. Then he decides he wants to put a runner on this file cabinet. "Maybe a piece of material?". I laughed and said, I have an idea. I'll try and get it put together over the weekend. Of course, I didn't finish the binding until tonight, but better late than never.

I foundation paper pieced the letters. I'm still having a lot of pain in my shoulder, so I haven't been able to do much rotary cutting lately. I was excited to find the Robert Kauffman fabric "United We Stand" at Hobby Lobby. I work for the Marines so it was a perfect fit.

I do have a good reason for not finishing it over the weekend though - one of my granddaughters turned 3 so my daughter and her two girls came over and we had a little celebration.


So no more projects until I finish quilts for my grandson and newest granddaughter! LOL

Blessings,
Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment